.

.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

A fun day with my Mom!

Today my mom and I (and Remi, too) spent the day together!  Mom wanted to make some cards using her new MFT Lily die set that I had gotten her for Mother's Day.  So we broke out the die set and started playing!  Oh what fun we had!  I just know she's going to have lots of fun with that die set! Yay!!

So for my card, I started out with white and green cardstock to cut out the flowers, leaves and stems.  Then I colored the flower like a Star Gazer Lily with Bic Markers.  I just love those markers to color with!  So much fun!  I made the leaves and stems two-toned, as foliage in nature isn't all one color.  I put the flowers on a green patterned paper then on pink card base.  The greeting is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamp set.  I just stamped the "Hello" from "Just Saying Hello" greeting.  (It fit better on the word window punch!)  I then punched it out with the Stampin Up Word Window Punch and then adhered it to the green Modern Label Punch.


I just know the recipient of this card will love it!  What fun we had with that die!!!

Here is Mom's card.  I LOVE that purple!!!  She did a great job on it!  The brush-stroked purple patterned paper is so pretty!  The yellow frame around that patterned paper is so pretty, too!  


And Remi was right in the mix of things, at our feet, too!  He was so glad when his grandpa came home to pet him!  <smile>  What a great day we had crafting!


Until next time!  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment