.

.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Get Sketchy with MFT Card Sketch 179



Here is this weeks card sketch from My Favorite Things Blog.  Since it has rained most of the afternoon, I thought it was a good time to get crafty!




Here is my first card.  I started out with Bashful Blue cardstock from Stampin' Up (I believe it is retired).  Layered some cloud patterned paper onto white cardstock.  Die-cut the circle and scalloped circle and stamped the greeting from MFT Up, up and Away as well as the two balloons from that same set.  I fussy cut the two balloons out and popped them up on foam dimensionals.  And that's my card.


My second card started out with a yellow cardstock base.  I cut a piece of patterned paper from Gina K Designs Hello Sunshine paper pack.  I then die-cut the scallopped circle from Stampin' Up Naturals Ivory cardstock.  I then daubed the scalloped circle with Distressed Stain in antique linen and mustard seed with a scrap of shelf liner to make it look like popcorn.  I stamped the greeting from the MFT Poppin By stamp set.  I also stamped the girl from that same stamp set and pieced her top and pants in with some scrap patterned paper I had on hand.  I colored her face, hair, shoes and socks and popcorn box in with markers.  And that's my card.


I hope you like the cards.  Let me know if you try the Get Sketchy 179.  Link your cards in your comment below.

Until next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment